United Way of Faribault unites people and resources to improve lives in the community with a focus on education, income, health, and basic needs – the building blocks for a good quality of life. We do this by convening the community to address key issues, collaborating to achieve a measurable impact, and connecting human and financial resources to achieve our mission. Working together we can make a difference right where we live through the United Way Engagement.
VISION: To be an agent of community change that inspires hope, creates opportunity, and champions for people in need.
MISSION: The mission of United Way of Faribault is to unite community resources (financial and volunteer) and expand our ability to improve lives.
• For people to be successful, they need the things that are necessary to live.
• For our communities to thrive, people need prevention services and development opportunities.
• To get at the root causes of problems, we need to create lasting solutions through systems change.
OUR UNIQUE ROLE
1. CONVENING THE COMMUNITY
The core of United Way is the people we help. By convening the community, addressing root causes of problems and providing a better quality of life for all, we can help our community to thrive.
• Identify, convene and facilitate action around community issues
• Engage a diverse group of community leaders, strategic partners and stakeholders at all levels
• Bring awareness to community issues
• Seek systems change and address root causes of problems
• Prioritize underserved populations
2. SECURING RESOURCES AND REVENUE
United Way mobilizes volunteers and donors to address the needs in our community.
• Develop and nurture key relationships
• Focus on key market segments
• Challenge ourselves during tough times
• Collaborate with other funders and partners
• Grow short term & long term human and financial resources
• Appreciate, recognize and thank donors and volunteers
• Be innovative
3. CONNECTING ORGANIZATIONS TO SUCCEED
United Way funds quality nonprofits and builds partnerships to raise awareness and address key community issues.
• Identify and define community issues
• Be an incubator of initiatives when appropriate
• Prioritize resources and bring awareness to key issues
• Optimize and leverage resources
• Engage in dialogue with partners
• Encourage collaboration to decrease unnecessary duplication
UNITED WAY OF FARIBAULT CORE COMMITTMENTS
• Be objective, competent and credible
• Challenge our community to Live United
• Collaborate to maximize effectiveness and collective impact
• Reduce duplication
• Judge our work with honesty and care
• Share successes
WHY IS UNITED WAY THE BEST WAY TO MAKE THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE?
United Way has the scope, expertise, and influence to bring together thousands of individuals, human service agencies, government, businesses and private foundations around a common vision of creating maximum impact and achieving long-lasting results.
• We identify, understand, and prioritize ongoing and emerging needs.
• We recruit the people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise, and resources needed to get things done.
• We are trusted by our partners and the community because we ensure transparency, efficiency, and accountability in our work.
HOW CAN PEOPLE PARTICIPATE?
It will take all of us, working together, to create real change in our community.
Give – Invest in the best way to make the biggest difference.
Advocate – Be informed and speak out on issues that matter to you.
Volunteer – Put your talents to work.